Takeda, acknowledging the importance of personal information and being strongly committed to protecting your privacy, will make efforts to protect your personal information in accordance with the following policy.
The personal information that Takeda collects
Takeda collects, processes and uses the following categories of personal information about healthcare professionals who contact us through this website:
- your name, title, address and other contact information including email address(es) and telephone number(s);
- your job title/role and, where relevant, employer details and/or details of the institution or office where you work/practise;
- information about your expertise, areas of research and specialty;
- information you include about yourself and/or others to describe the nature of your enquiry. However, it is imperative that you do not provide us with any personal data or sensitive personal data about patients which may be used to identify them unless you have those patients’ specific consent.
How Takeda uses your personal information
Takeda will collect, process and use your personal information provided when you complete the request for medical information form, only for the following purposes:
- Providing you with information and services that you have requested, for example, information about a Takeda product.
- Reporting and monitoring data on adverse events and reactions which you have reported through the website.
- Providing you with such information, services and/or materials by phone, postal mail, email and/or personal visit, according to your expressed preferences.
With whom Takeda shares your personal information
Takeda may share your personal information within the Takeda group of companies (which means its subsidiaries/affiliates, ultimate holding company and the subsidiaries/affiliates of the holding company) when necessary to fulfil a legitimate business purpose or to comply with applicable legal requirements (for example, drug/patient safety).
Takeda may share your personal information with service providers retained by Takeda to perform services on their behalf, including provision of information and services you have requested.
Takeda has entered into appropriate contractual arrangements with such service providers prohibiting them from using or sharing your personal information, except as necessary to perform the contracted services on behalf of Takeda, or to comply with applicable law.
Some of Takeda's group companies and/or service providers may be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA") whose laws may not afford your personal information the same level of protection. Takeda will ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfers.
Takeda reserves the right to share your personal information in the event it sells, licenses or transfers all or any part of its business or assets. Should such a sale, lease (licensing) or transfer take place, Takeda will make reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use any personal information about you in a way that is consistent with this policy.
Takeda does not share any of your personal information with third parties for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
Takeda may need to disclose your personal information to government agencies, regulatory bodies and/or the courts, if required to do so to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement.
How Takeda safeguards your personal information
Takeda takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Your right of access, correction and deletion of personal data
Takeda take steps to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. In addition you may, in writing, (i) request a copy of any personal information Takeda holds about you; (ii) request correction or deletion of personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant and (iii) request further information about Takeda's policies and practices in relation to personal information.
Privacy queries and further information
Please contact us via EUCANdataprivacy@takeda.com with all such requests, inquiries or any complaints regarding our processing of your personal information.