This Privacy Notice applies to the website Entyvio.net.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG ('Takeda') being strongly committed to protecting your privacy, will make efforts to protect your Personal Data in accordance with the following policy. By visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Personal Data that Takeda collects and Source
When you visit this website, the following information may be collected automatically:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser-plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from this site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Takeda may also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Takeda collects, processes and uses other personal data about you when you submit this information voluntarily to us through this website including:
- your name, title, address and other contact information including email address(es) and telephone number(s);
- your job title/role and, where relevant, employer details and/or details of the institution or office where you work/practise;
- information about your expertise, areas of research and specialty;
- information you include about yourself and/or others to describe the nature of your enquiry. However, it is imperative that you do not provide us with any personal data or sensitive personal data about patients which may be used to identify them unless you have those patients’ specific consent.
While collecting the personal data about you, Takeda will inform you whether the requested information is obligatory or voluntary. If you chose not to provide certain information, this may impact your use of certain resources and could make it impossible for Takeda to provide certain services to you.
How Takeda uses your Personal Data
Takeda will process the personal data you provide, only for the following purposes:
- Providing you with information and services that you have requested, for example, information about a Takeda product.
- Reporting and monitoring data on adverse events and reactions which you have reported through the website;
- Providing you with such information, services and/or materials by phone, postal mail, email and/or personal visit, according to your expressed preferences.
- Undertaking surveys
Legal Basis for processing Personal Data
Takeda processes personal data based on one or more of the following:
- In certain cases, Takeda may ask for your consent to collect and process your personal data. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “How to Reach Us” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
- In other instances, the processing of your personal data may be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt-out of this processing, or your choice to opt-out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In still other instances, Takeda may process your personal data based on Takeda’s legitimate interests. You have the right to opt-out of all such processing of your personal data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “How to Reach Us” section
With whom Takeda shares your Personal Data
Takeda may share your Personal Data within the Takeda group of companies (which means its subsidiaries/affiliates, ultimate holding company and the subsidiaries/affiliates of the holding company) when necessary to fulfil a legitimate business purpose or to comply with applicable legal requirements (for example, drug/patient safety).
Takeda may share your Personal Data with service providers retained by Takeda to perform services on their behalf, including provision of information and services you have requested.
Takeda has entered into appropriate contractual arrangements with such service providers prohibiting them from using or sharing your Personal Data, except as necessary to perform the contracted services on behalf of Takeda, or to comply with applicable law.
Takeda reserves the right to share your Personal Data in the event it sells, licenses or transfers all or any part of its business or assets. Should such a sale, lease (licensing) or transfer take place, Takeda will make reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use any Personal Data about you in a way that is consistent with this policy.
Takeda does not share any of your Personal Data with third parties for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
Takeda may need to disclose your Personal Data to government agencies, regulatory bodies and/or the courts, if required to do so to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement.
Some of Takeda's group companies and/or service providers may be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA") whose laws may not afford your Personal Data the same level of protection. Takeda will ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfers.
How Takeda protects your Personal Data
Takeda will take reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect the personal data about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, and any transmission of data is at your own risk. It's important to note that the security of information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
How long Takeda retains your Personal Data
Personal data will only be stored as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected subject to local laws and regulations and legitimate business needs.
Individuals in the EU have certain data subject rights which may be subject to limitations and/or restrictions. These rights include the right to: (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data; (ii) obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of their personal data; and (iii) the right to data portability. If you wish to exercise one of the above mentioned rights, please use the contact information below. Individuals in the EU also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal data with their local data protection authority.
You have the right to ask Takeda not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. Takeda will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if it intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by informing Takeda at any time that you do not wish to receive such marketing. Where you wish to exercise this right please use the “unsubscribe” functionality in the relevant communications or refer to the “How to Reach Us” section below.
Other important Information
Takeda makes use of Google Analytics which is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so they can improve it. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
Google Analytics Cookies
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.
Use of IP Address
Every computer and device connected to the Internet is assigned a unique number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. Since these numbers are usually assigned in country-based blocks, an IP address can often be used to identify the country, state, and city from which a computer is connecting to the Internet. Google Analytics collects the IP address of website visitors in order to provide website owners a sense of where in the world their visitors come from. This method is known as IP geolocation.
Google Analytics does not report the actual IP address information to Google Analytics customers. Additionally, using a method known as IP masking, website owners that use Google Analytics have the option to tell Google Analytics to only use a portion of the IP address, rather than the entire IP address, for geolocation. Whether or not website owners use Google Analytics, they have access to IP addresses for visitors to their sites.
Personal Data is information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information. The Google Analytics Terms of Service, which all Analytics customers must adhere to, prohibits the tracking or collection of this information using Google Analytics or associating Personal Data with web analytics information.
Google’s Use of Analytics Data
Website owners that use Google Analytics have control over what data they allow Google to use. They can decide if they want Google to use this data or not by using the Google Analytics Data Sharing Options. When these options allow, the data is used to improve Google products and services. Website owners can change these options at any time.
Learn more about the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on here
How to Reach Us
You can contact us in order to exercise your rights, make inquiries or submit complaints concerning Takeda’s processing of your personal. Takeda will take appropriate steps to address requests, inquiries and complaints. Takeda will respond to such requests within thirty (30) business days.
Mailing Address: Attn: Data Protection Officer, Legal Department, Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG, Thurgauerstrasse 130, CH-8152 Glattpark-Opfikon (Zuerich), Switzerland.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Data Protection Authorities are responsible for making sure that privacy law is followed in country. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not able to resolve a problem directly with us and wish to make a compliant, contact your Local Data Protection Authority.
This Privacy Notice is effective from 25.05.2018.